Sunday, March 5, 2017

Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, VanGogh landscape, "Tribute to Vincent" by Carol Schiff, 6x8" Oil

Each week our art group appoints one member as leader.  The leader, decides what type of project we will work on that day.  A few weeks ago, Faye was our leader, and as her project, she brought it images of VanGogh and Monet paintings for us to re-create.

purchase here
110. + shipping
 I chose his very famous "Wheatfield with Cypresses" . Actually, I chose one of three similar paintings that carry that name.

 I have always wanted to give his famous and distinctive swirling brushwork a try.  It was an interesting experiment, one that I will probably do again.


Years ago, I spent some time studying the masters  and duplicating some of their works.  I found it to be very informative.  Here is one of my attempts at Degas' work, "Woman Bathing"

pastel
SOLD
And Cezanne






oil
SOLD

And Gauguin........



oil

Sold

Thanks for reading my blog today.

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment