Thursday, March 16, 2017

Figurative Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, "Into The Blue" by Carol Schiff, 8x6" Oil, SOLD

I have been wanting to do this figurative painting for a long time.  I remember the day I saw this young girl wade into the Gulf of Mexico, wearing her hat.

SOLD
It was blinding hot and I was tired and thirsty.  I shot a photo of her and went in search of shelter.  The image was in my files for years before I pulled it out, and painted it, last week.


It is the first figure I have done with a palette knife, (quite a struggle) but in the end, I am happy with it.


I have to admit, I get lazy.  I always feel the figure is a stretch of my sketching skills.  Instead of doing more of them, I shy away......the wrong thing to do!  I am happy I finally tackled this figure and my goal is to attack them more often.

Thanks for reading my blog today.

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment