Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wildlife Painting, Snowy Egret Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, 6x8" Original Painting

We are very lucky to live close to one of the best "birding" areas in the US.  Viera Wetlands, here in Brevard County is well knowing in "birding circles" and each year, thousands of birders descend on us.

Purchase here

I find it impossible to get accurate colors on a painting that has a variety of blues.  The image above is a scan of the actual painting, with very accurate color.


After taking 5-6 photos, in different lighting, this is the best I could do with a camera.  As you can see, the colors are harsh and inaccurate.  This image has been photo shopped to the best of my abilities.

Why do I care about photos?  Why not just scan them?

Much of my work is licensed and the scan does not make a large enough file for me to send to my licensee. For that reason, I continue to try to find a way to take a decent photo!  If any of you have an answer for me, I would appreciate the help!


Thanks for reading my blog today.

Carol Schiff
(feeling blue)

www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment